Published on January 21,2013 at 10:00 am in Events
, In the News
, 3 comments
We want to give a big thank you to everyone who has supported Hollaback!, whether through word of mouth, donation, or by sharing your story. You rock! Thanks to you, we have the means and the motivation to keep on making things happen in 2013. Here’s just a taste of what we have in mind:
- Collect 50+ stories before our “birthday” in August. We know street harassment is happening, but we need your stories to prove it to everyone else.
- Conduct a research survey to better understand how street harassment affects women and the LGBT folks in Des Moines.
- Organize a protest/march as part of International Street Harassment Week, April 7-13.
- Spread our message at conferences, meetings, trainings, workshops, etc. related to gender and/or safety issues.
These are big goals; we know this, and we can’t do it alone. We need your help. Please volunteer! In five simple steps, you can make a BIG difference towards helping us end street harassment:
- Sign up as a core member or volunteer: send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us how you can help! Visit our Join Our Team page for more details on what opportunities are available.
- Share your story: our goal right now is 50! You can help us reach that. Tell us about a time when you were harassed or were a bystander to someone else facing harassment. I promise – we’ve got your back!
- Share this blog post: post this link to your Facebook or Twitter, or email it to five friends you care about, so that they can get involved, too!
- Stay connected: follow us on Facebook or Twitter, and ask your friends to do the same!
- Support our work with a donation: thanks to generous Hollaback! supporters like you, we recently raised $10,000 to continue our work. Our mother and sister sites have big ambitions, too, so that money will go quickly. Keep us funded so that we can continue to train organizations and schools to address street harassment; host a first-ever Hollaback! conference in New York; launch and train 25 new sites across the world; build an online platform for International site leaders; develop a bystander intervention curriculum and petition; and improve our data collection system!
We couldn’t be more excited about 2013! We hope you will join us in this revolution.
The time is NOW!
Author comments are in a darker gray color for you to easily identify the posts author in the comments
Leave a Reply